Veteran and Military Employment
Georgetown University proudly welcomes military members, veterans, and their families as part of our workforce and recognizes the service and sacrifice of veterans and members of the military-community. The military community is diverse and offers unique perspectives and experiences that are valued at Georgetown. Accordingly, we provide the following resources for prospective employees, current employees, military spouses, and hiring managers.
Georgetown University welcomes military members, veterans, and their families to apply to our open positions. Please use the links below to view our current employment opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at (202) 687-4798 or email@example.com.
The resources listed below may be useful for veterans or military members who are searching for employment at Georgetown or elsewhere:
- Veteran and Military Transition Center: Skills Matcher | Job Matcher | Job Finder
- Military Skills Translator
- DC Department of Employment Services
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Veterans’ Employment and Training Service
- Civilian Job Matcher
- Hire A Hero
- Apprenticeship Finder
Georgetown recognizes the sacrifices and contributions of military spouses and encourages military spouses to apply to the university’s open positions, listed above, and to review the resources listed below.
- Military spouse employment and training resources, including license recognition, employment resources, training and support, and civilian life and community support.
- Military OneSource, which provides access to information, support, and resources for military spouses.
- Military Spouse Employment Manual with resources to help military spouses find employment opportunities.
- Veteran and Military Spouse Talent Engagement Program (VMSTEP) provides employment readiness assistance and outreach to transitioning service members, Veterans, and eligible military spouses.
- National Resource Directory is a database of validated resources that supports recovery, rehabilitation, and reintegration for service members, veterans, family members, and caregivers.
At Georgetown, we value the contributions of the veterans and service members who comprise our workforce and strive to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We encourage all community members to explore these programs and resources:
- Military and Veterans’ Resource Center
- Veterans and Military at Georgetown
- Veterans Interest Newsletter
- Employee Resource Groups
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
- Office of Faculty & Staff Benefits
- HR Leave Policies, including Leave for Military Duty, and Family and Medical Leave
Hiring managers play a critical role in supporting the university’s efforts to attract and retain members of the military-connected community. To assist hiring managers, we have provided the following resources:
- Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans
- Civilian-to-Military Occupation Translator
- CareerOneStop: Recruit & Hire | Train & Retain
- Veteran Employment Outreach Program (VEOP)
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership
There are numerous resources external to Georgetown that offer support to military members, veterans, and their families. Highlighted below are some resources:
- HigherEdMilitary: Serving military-affiliated higher ed professionals and those supporting student veterans on campus.
- American Corporate Partners: ACP aims to ease the transition from the military to the civilian workforce. ACP is the only nonprofit organization engaged in national corporate career counseling for our returning veterans and active duty military spouses.
- Veterati: Veterati is an innovative mentorship platform that makes being a mentor and finding mentors effortless, by offering free online mentorship that allows veterans to choose from hundreds of volunteer mentors.
- Veteran Employment Project: Military.com offers a variety of free 60-minute classes with researched programs, providers, services, strategies and skills to assist veterans with the transition to employment.
- Hire Heroes USA: Hire Heroes USA helps US military members, veterans, and their spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce by providing assistance with resume writing services, career coaching, job sourcing, mock interviews, and more.
- FourBlock: FourBlock is a non-profit organization that supports returning service members in their transition from military service to meaningful civilian careers through a Career Readiness Program.