Information and Resources
The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) is committed to providing information about its processes to community members.
Options following an incident of discrimination, harassment, or related retaliation
Individuals who experience discrimination, harassment, or related retaliation may choose to contact IDEAA at email@example.com or (202) 687-4798 to speak with an IDEAA staff member about options, which may include addressing an incident through the alternative resolution process, filing a bias report, or filing a formal complaint. Information about available options following an incident of discrimination, harassment, or related retaliation is summarized in IDEAA’s one-page “Options” document.
- Information regarding the bias reporting process is available at: https://biasreporting.georgetown.edu/
- Information about how to file a formal complaint is available at: https://ideaa.georgetown.edu/ada/file-complaint/
- Information about alternative resolution is available at: https://ideaa.georgetown.edu/alternative-resolution/
Information for participants in IDEAA’s formal processes
Individuals with questions about IDEAA’s formal complaint process may review IDEAA’s one-page summary of the process. For additional information about IDEAA’s process, please review the Grievance Procedures to Investigate Allegations of Discrimination and Harassment, as well as answers to Frequently Asked Questions about IDEAA’s formal processes.
Individuals who participate in IDEAA’s processes are encouraged to utilize supportive resources. Information about supportive resources for community members is provided below..
For Faculty and Staff
- Office of the Student Ombuds (for undergraduate and graduate students)
- Office of the Ombudsperson (for SOM students)
For additional resources, please access this link.