Procedures for Applicants
- Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process, either with respect to the completion of the application process or with respect to the position that the applicant is seeking. Non-faculty applicants may submit a request, either verbally or in writing, by contacting the appropriate Human Resources Generalist. Faculty applicants may submit a request, either verbally or in writing, by contacting the appropriate academic unit or by contacting IDEAA. Similarly, a family member, friend, health care provider or other representative may request a reasonable accommodation on behalf of an individual with a disability.
- Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation for the interview process should request the accommodation from Human Resources or IDEAA at the time the interview is scheduled, or as soon as possible after the applicant realizes that he or she may need a reasonable accommodation for some aspect of the hiring process. Unless they choose to request an accommodation, applicants with disabilities are not required to disclose their disability prior to or during an interview.
- Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation either verbally or in writing. To request an accommodation, please contact IDEAA at (202) 687-4798 or complete the Disability Accommodation Request for Applicants form and submit it to IDEAA.
- Upon receiving a request, IDEAA will review the request and seek additional information from the applicant as needed. In collaboration with the HR Generalist, IDEAA shall grant or deny the request based upon the information provided by the applicant. In some situations, IDEAA may propose an alternative accommodation to meet the applicant’s needs.
- IDEAA will render a determination and notify the applicant within two business days of the receipt of the accommodation request, unless circumstances warrant additional time.
To make a request for a reasonable accommodation, please complete the following Disability Accommodation Request for Applicants form and submit it to IDEAA.